Are you curious about the latest real estate photography statistics? The statistics present a clear picture – real estate photography is essential to home sales.
Learn the hottest photography trends that are driving sales in 2022.
Real estate photography is a highly influential tool that has the power to lure in potential buyers. Having the best possible marketing photography helps capture a property’s personality and showcase its true character. Doing so is vital for a fast sale at a great price.
If you’ve doubted the power of high-quality images, here are some real estate photography statistics that will make you a believer.
Real Estate Photography Statistics for 2022
There are several reasons why real estate photography is so effective in selling houses and making agents stand out from the competition.
Let’s look at a total of 22 statistics that show the power of professional photography.
High-Quality Photos Help Build Your Business
Reputation and word of mouth are the currency of the real estate profession. People notice how previous homes were marketed and hear about your quality of service.
Top-notch, compelling photography for your listings matter, and help brand you as one of the best:
- 72.2% of realtors report that high-quality photography helps them win more listings.
- 83% of buyers said pictures as very important in helping them choose which homes they will visit.
- Sales agents who use professional photographers earn twice as much commission compared to others.
- 61.3% of brokers believe high-quality photography is ‘crucial’ for selling homes.
Despite these strong numbers, not every real estate agent is leveraging photography to their advantage:
- Only 35% of agents employ professional photographers.
- And of those sales agents who do use photography, only 15% of real estate professionals use high-quality photography.
- Even more shocking, half of over $1 million properties use poor-quality photographs.
Let’s look at some more, surprising statistics about real estate photography to see why you don’t want to be like one of these above realtors.
Stunning Real Estate Photography Sells Houses
When taken by a professional photographer, images significantly help real estate agents sell listings faster and for more money.
With so many buyers conducting the bulk of their house hunting online, it’s a no-brainer why good photography sells homes.
Take a look at these photography statistics:
- About 32% of homes with high-quality photographs sell faster than those without visuals.
- Homes with a single photo spend an average of 70 days on the market, while listings with at least 20 images sell within 1 month.
- Photos help with offer prices — homes with high-quality photos receive 47% higher asking prices per square foot.
Buyers Pay More Attention to Listings With Images
According to the statistics, exceptional real estate photography is an essential component of any competitive marketing campaign.
But the challenge for real estate agents is to make their listing stand out and above all the rest.
To do that, you have to capture your audience’s attention — and keep it:
- Statistics by the National Association of Realtors shows that 87% of homebuyers on the internet found images to be among the most useful features of listing websites when looking for new homes they might like.
- This is why viewers spend 60% of the time checking images and only 20% read the listing description.
- Listings with professional photos earn a 1,200% increase in social media shares.
- 68% of potential buyers say that great photos made them want to visit the home.
- Remember, homebuyers spend an average of 124 hours finding a new house — real estate photography plays a huge role in helping them decide which houses to visit and make offers on.
Different Kinds of Photography Get Different Results
Real estate photos not only give the first impression of a property, but they can also act as a filter for the kind of busy house buyer who has limited time for their property search.
The statistics on real estate photography show that some forms of photography get even better results.
Professionally edited and enhanced images outperform regular ones. And video, aerial photography, and virtual staging all have selling power:
- Houses with aerial photographs and video sell 68% faster than those without visuals.
- 73% of homeowners say they’re more likely to list with a realtor who uses video to sell the property.
- Lead with your best foot forward — 80.2% believe the front photo is the most important picture in the shoot – make sure this photo is truly stunning.
- The time of day when the photos are taken also makes a difference. 74% of real estate agents said that they were interested in or already using photography taken at sunset or twilight.
- Here’s one final stat that speaks to the potential of virtual staging — 78% of all expired listings are vacant — make those empty rooms warm and inviting!